This looks crap here. . . . But if you visit it athttp://mikeys.org.uk it looks soooo much better.

Thursday 11 March 2010

Another Expensive night out.

Amy Exploitation by Twinkle Troughton
What is it with me and these gallery nights at The Egg? I buy myself a cool piece of art for a bargain price and it ends up costing me an arm and a leg because some other weird thing happens to me on the way home. Well it happened again. I went to the opening night of Tinsel and Twinkle's show,
'It was the best of times, It was the worst of times'
As determined as I was not to repeat the 65 quid taxi ride, I think I would have been better off getting drunk and letting it happen all over again.
I took all the precautions I could; I didn't drink Alcohol, I didn't travel home by train and I took my car.
When Pete Doherty Gets Knighted by Twinkle Troughton

The show as great, very Banksy/Pop Art-ish (I'm not an art critic so that's as far as I'll go). I bought a couple of prints by Twinkle. (Click on them to see bigger versions) and Jazamin found a "Lucky Penny" on the floor and passed it on to me and I thought everything was going great. I got the prints for a bargain price and I got a bottle of wine to take
Kerrr-Chinnnngggg!
home. But then the good luck turned bad.
Being a good samaritan and wanting to show off my new car, I decided I would give Karen and Jazamin a lift home. As I was reversing out of my parking space I 'kerbed' one of my whizzy alloy wheels. Then, about ten minutes later, I got flashed by a speed camera on West Derby Road :( I was doing nearly 40 in a thirty. It felt like I was doing about 20. Bloody quiet modern cars. . . . There's a 60 quid fine and 3 points already. I don't even want to know how much an alloy wheel is to repair.
Lucky Penny My Arse.

No comments:

Followers