This looks crap here. . . . But if you visit it athttp://mikeys.org.uk it looks soooo much better.

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Paintings


I spent most of the weekend putting the
Yer Ma
finishing touches my big painting ('UNTITLED' 1.5m x 1.0m) for the Short Spring Open @ The Egg. I was up at 6 am this morning painting the edge of the canvas
My Arse
and screwing on some hanging plates. Then I just about squeezed it into the back of the car with my other two canvases ('Yer Ma!' 0.5m x 1.0m & 'My Arse' 0.5m x 1.0m) and spent an hour
Untitled

crawling down the M62 into Liverpool.

I parked on the double yellow lines outside of The Egg and miraculously I didn't get a parking ticket.

But there's still over a week until the launch night, so something else is bound to come up by then. Someting that'll cost me at least sixty odd quid :). Anyway that's it. I've actually got my first paintings in a gallery. No doubt I'll be on the front cover of Art World next month and I'll be wearing a wide brimmed hat and carrying a gold topped cane. This time next year I'll be minted and the toast of the art world. . . I just know it. It's bound to happen. I've also priced them ridiculously low. So get down to the Egg and buy one or two . .. It'll be an investment.








No comments:

Followers